Who gets the big half?
Leviticus 1:3(NIV) "If the offering is a burnt offering from the herd, you are to offer a male without defect. You must present it at the entrance to the tent of meeting so that it will be acceptable to the Lord." Thank you God for not placing me in times where burnt offerings from the herd is necessary. I love every animal from the smallest squirrel to the biggest elephant. I would have a very hard time with this. But, when I read this verse in a devotion this morning, it took me on a whole different spiritual direction. Let me explain...years ago, probably more than ten, twelve years ago we had an older couple that were visiting our Sunday school class (which at the time we were in a marriage class) They were the cutest older couple you could ever imagine. But what has stuck with me for the past twelve or so years is the advice that the husband shared with all of us younger couples. The couple had been married well over 50 years....

Comments
Post a Comment